Found this sign on side of road to Ruidoso

Found this sign on side of road to Ruidoso

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Finally Home






I know it's been awhile since I posted anything and I honestly thought I would have more time since we have been home, but that really hasn't been. We came home on Saturday, July 17th. On the way home, we stopped in Memphis, Texas to visit my grandparents and they were so crazy about Britten. Britten loved Mere and was so happy when Mere had her. After visiting we headed home and finally got to Lubbock and it was so nice being home. We didn't get into bed until 1:30. Jason and I paid for it on Sunday! When we got in bed that night, I thought wow I can sleep all night finally. Then it was like ummmm no you can't. WE are really PARENTS now. Like Jason and I told some of our friends, it felt like we were just baby sitting and then it hit Saturday night. We would not trade it for anything in the world because GOD blessed us with the best birthmom ever and the most beautiful and precious baby girl! We love with you both more than ever!

Friday on July 16th, "C" wanted to see Britten before we came back to Texas so we met her at the agency and spent about 3 hours. I can't descibe this....there are no words other than "C" you are an amazing woman and you will forever be a part of our family! I gave "C" a cross necklace from James Avery as a token gift and I have one that I wear everyday. The cross represents God's love for "C", Britten, God's faithfulness to us through this adoption journey and for us to always be reminded of each other. There is not a day that I do not thank GOD for "C" and Britten! Without GOD, our faith, trust, grace and obedience through this Jason and I would not have Britten. Thank you GOD for blessings us more than we could ever imagine. There is no journey like adoption and I would do it all over again!

Britten has been fighting thrush since we were in Oklahoma and we had to have her mouth painted twice while we were there, started medicine on Monday and it never would get better. She was not a happy little girl. We visited our pediatrician here on Wednesday and we started new medicine and praying this takes care of it. Not being able to make your precious little one happy made of feel like total failures and then Satan starts getting the best of you. She has not been sleeping well at night so Jason and I are dragging but we know GOD will not give us more than we can handle!

Thanks for all your love, support, prayers, calls, food and gifts. I will get better with blogging and keeping you updated.

Blessings,
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment