Found this sign on side of road to Ruidoso

Found this sign on side of road to Ruidoso
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Update On The Past 3 Days

So here's a recap of the last few days...Not much to say other than lot's of waiting and patience!

Sunday - July 4th
We drove up from Lubbock and left our little Chocolate daughter, Maggie. She looked so sad and we could tell she sensed something was up. She had been acting wierd ever since we got the call on Thursday.

We arrived in OKC late that evening after stopping off in Amarillo to see our newest addition to the family, Aaron, Jason's sister's brand new boy. I couldn't believe his red hair!

Monday - July 5th
We slept in a little and missed the complimentary breakfast at the hotel. Our hotel is really nice. They have a full kitchen, living area, a great bed, and a little office area. Everything we need!

We got up and decided to run a few errands and get our bearings in the city. We checked on another suite hotel that was closer to some nicer stores, but it was too much hassle to move, so we decided to stay put.

We understood that birth mom was to be induced at the hospital at 10am. We found out from our adoption specialist around 5pm that evening that it was a misunderstanding and she was going in around 10pm. So we had the rest of the evening and night to hopefully find something out.

Tuesday - July 6th
We didn't sleep in so late today. We were anticipating a call maybe during the night or early in the morning and nothing happened. We hung around until lunch and heated up some leftovers and decided to go run some more errands. We needed some camcorder tapes and a new mouse for the laptop.

We decided to burn some time to allow the room to get cleaned so we went to the bombing memorial downtown and Bass Pro Shops. It's a good thing I'm not an avid hunter or fisherman! You can do some damage in that place! I do love to camp, hike and mounaineer, but I never have time to do that stuff, so the gear is a little unnecessary.

As the afternoon went by, we still hadn't heard anything. We were told again by our adoption specialist, later in the evening, that she hadn't talked to birth mom.

Needless to say this makes both of us very nervous and anxious. All I can think about is patience and faith. We have to cling to that! We also have to cling to the fact that no matter what, we need to be putting God first! This entire process is the result of His ultimate plan and He has infinite patience and wisdom...beyond all our understanding!

We need your prayers right now. The waiting is tough, but manageable. We just need to stay reminded that God is in control and that whatever the outcome of this is, He gets the glory! We pray for birth mom's strength through the next hours and days. We have no idea what she's been through or going through. She could be in labor at this very moment. We pray everything is going okay and that baby is healthy and ready to come into this world!

Thanks so much for all your thoughts, prayers, texts, emails, and calls! Sorry we haven't been able to share anything exciting just yet, but we know God will reveal his plan to us soon enough! Just be patient with us!

God Bless,

Kara and Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment